Questions or Feature Requests
- Please search first!
- - DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE. MAKE A TEXT POST. <---
- - THIS MAKES IT EASIER FOR FUTURE PEOPLE! :) <---
What is BAMT?
- BAMT is a Linux live distribution made specifically for mining cryptocurrency.
- While it's called "Vertcoin BAMT", it will work with any Scrypt coin or coin using Vertminer. This name will be changed in the future versions.
- BAMT is designed with several goals in mind :
- No installation; runs from a USB drive.
- Go from assembled parts, to mining, quickly.
- Very little configuration needed.
v1.5.2 New Features & Updates
- New Features :
- Select CGminer or Vertminer in bamt.conf flag.
- Select matching miner .conf file in bamt.conf.
- Added BAMT Poolmanager
- Appearence slightly tweeked to match FlatBAMT UI.
- Standard dashboard still active.
- GitHub - Thanks to Starlilyth!
- Updates :
- Stock .conf settings should run on 99% of hardware.
- Terminal "mine" commands functional with all miners.
- Shrunk file size.
- Bitch'n new subreddit.
General Details & Features
- Details :
- Based on Litecoin BAMT v1.5
- BitBucket - Thanks BeeBee!
- AMD Catalyst 13.12
- AMD APP SDK 2.9
- AMD ADL SDK 6.0
- SGMiner 4.1.0
- Note : It is called "CGminer" but it is in fact renamed SGMiner.
- There is a bug with 290x and powertune. Fix is to switch to cgminer:
mv /opt/miners/cgminer /opt/miners/sgminer; mv /opt/miners/cgminer3.7.2 /opt/miners/cgminer; mine restart;
- Added Features :
- Download Vertcoin BAMT v.1.5.2
- Download Win32 Disk Imager or use dd.
- Win32 : here
- Write the .img file to a ~2GB or larger USB drive.
- Put the USB drive into your machine and boot up.
- Connect via monitor or Remote Desktop in via your mine's IP.
- You can find the IP via your network, or you can look on the desktop display of BAMT.
- Default User Name = root
- Default Password = live
- Change your "miner".conf file.
- Select your mining type in bamt.conf.
- Comment out the one you are not using. ~line 112
# cgminer_opts: --api-listen --config /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf cgminer_opts: --api-listen --config /etc/bamt/vertminer.conf
- Set the value to 1 if using Vertminer. ~line 118
scrypt-adaptive-N: 0 <-- That value.
- View your mining status.
- You have a few options :
- View standard dashboard at your miners IP address.
- View PoolManager dashboard.
- Page is cool. You can change your pool and add new via Dashboard!
- View the classic CGmineVertminer terminal screen.
Terminal CommandsNote : All commands assumed user has root permissions.
Save & Reboot :
sync && coldreboot #Note : When making changes to a usb based system, you must run 'sync' to save to USB before restarting.
Control Mining :
mine stop mine start mine restart
Display GPU Status :
gpumon #Note : I like screen -r over gpumon.
- Setup :
- GPU : (4) Asus DCII 280x @ 400 kH/s Vertcoin or 800 kH/s Scrypt - (going to add 2 more)
- CPU : AMD Sempron
- Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
- Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+
- PSU : (2) EVGA Supernova 1000w - (w/ add2PSU )
- Note : My configs can be found in /etc/bamt/examples.
Change Auto-RebootChange hours by changing the "3" - or - delete line to remove auto-reboot :
nano /etc/crontabModify this line :
0 */3 * * * root /sbin/coldreboot
- Miner ID and Location :
- miner_id & miner_location in bamt.conf must be lowercase.
- miner_name may be upper case.
- Main Changes :
- Clean up legacy code.
- Update graph style ( responsive ).
- Update Dashboard style ( responsive ).
- Sync Up :
- Roll changes into main BAMT BitBucket build.
- Roll changes into PoolManager GitHub build.
- Small Irrelevant Things :
- None currently.
- Greatly appreciated! This is eating a lot of time up. :)
- VTC = Vy5xkGANcCdKWmHagTyWNRNzfC2D3f9zSG
- DOGE = DKLrk9iYXaEqe3DJjoG6vkh97yZzTrwpCT
- BTC = 1Ju4JCP4ifu4JWn6GdeWMc2g2zDTFQXHge
- Or just let the mine point to the example pool for 30 min, the default is set to me. :)
AMD Catalyst driver ( from AMD ) : version 13.04; AMD APP, open cl driver ( from AMD ) : version 2.8 ; If you want CGMINER to control the GPU/MEM/FAN speed and other hardware parameter, you will need ADL_SDK : version 5.0 ; Here is some advice on the choice of your computer : Don't put more memory than needed, 1GB is more than needed This is with Cat 11.7 / Win7 x64 and 2- and 4-component vectors work well, no errors or crashes. Tested with 5870 and 6550D! APP KernelAnalyzer doesn't show any errors, too. APP Profiler doesn't give anything useful because of the crash if uint3 is used! The ALUpacking value is round about 98,5%. Global Work-size: 134217728. Work-Group-size I got exact same issue with GUIMiner. Only I tried to use it with btcguild instead of bitminer. Installing AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8-Windows-32.exe and rebooting PC helped (AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8-Windows-32.exe is for ATI graphic cards - there's some counterpart for nVidia, but I don't know it). My guess is that issue comes from missing DLLs. Cryptocurrency News & Your Guide to the Blockchain Economy. All content on Blockonomi.com is provided solely for informational purposes, and is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security, product, service or investment. I want to download standalone version of OpenCL AMD APP SDK 3.0 for Windows and Linux.
[index]          
AMD Driver Download: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download AMD APP SDK: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/opencl-tools-sdks/amd-accelerated...